Version 9.0 (January 17, 2023)
- New and improved file processing core
- Updated command line Syntax
- New supported formats: PDF Portfolio, HEIC (HEIF), ICS, INDD, EMLX, obsolete DOC and XLS
- New 2JPEG Settings editor with GUI controls
- Setting multiple sources of documents at once
- Post-processing actions: copy, move or delete source files after conversion
- Converting web pages to JPEG using URL as source
- Converting password-protected documents
- Converting Excel, Word, Outlook files without Microsoft apps installed
- Setting rasterization resolution when converting vector files
- Getting pages number of a file as executable's exit code
- Ability to view installed 2JPEG version and build date
- Ability to change log files location
- Ability to run 2JPEG from a batch file (TXT)
- New Edit operations tab in 2JPEG Settings
- Adding a multi-line text watermark
- Adding an image watermark (from the command line)
- Adding a custom rectangular frame to the output images
- New and improved PDF files processing component
- New component for processing HTML files
- New component for processing CAD drawings: DWG and DXF files
- New component for processing Outlook MSG and EML files with attachments (documents and images)
- New component for processing Outlook PST and OST files
- Logfile structure changed from HTML to XML
- Fixed and improved processing of XPS and OXPS files
- Fixed issue with Corel Draw CDR files processing
- Fixed issue with CR2 (Canon photo RAW files) processing
- Fixed MathCAD MCDX, MCTX files conversion algorithm
- Fixed Microsoft Publisher PUB files processing algorithm
- Fixed Microsoft Visio VSD, VSDX files processing algorithm
- Fixed XML files processing algorithm
- Fixed TXT files processing algorithm
Version 8.4 (September 12, 2017)
- Added ability to run 2JPEG in Windows OS service mode
- Added ability to convert password-protected DOC, DOCX and PDF files
- Added ability to overwrite existing files with the same filename
- Added ability to ignore alpha channel transparency
- Fixed issue with converting Outlook MSG and EML files to JPEG
- Fixed issues with converting Excel XLS, XLSX and PowerPoint PPT, PPTX to JPEG
Version 8.3 (October 5, 2015)
2JPEG 8.3 offers several enhancements related to a number of supported formats and conversion algorithms, such as:
- New dropcolor feature
- Addition of fit width and fit height features used for resizing images
- Addition of PostScript to JPG conversion module
- Addition of CorelDraw CDR to JPG conversion module
- Addition of CGM to JPG conversion module
- Ability to convert WordPerfect documents to JPG.
The following conversion modules have been updated:
- Adobe PDF to JPG
- Microsoft Word to JPG
- Microsoft PowerPoint to JPG
- Microsoft Outlook to JPG
- OpenOffice to JPG.
Version 8.2 (April 23, 2015)
- Ability to batch convert HTML, HTM, TXT, RTF, Microsoft Word DOC, DOCX, Excel XLS, XLSX, XLSM, PowerPoint PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, Visio VSD, VSDX, Publisher PUB files to JPG.
Version 8.1 (December 9, 2014)
- New ability to convert XPS to JPG via command line
Version 8.0 (14 July, 2014)
- Free edition is available for non-commercial use
- New ability to convert PDF files to JPG
- New ability to convert Photo Camera RAW files to JPG
- Optimized bilinear image resize algorithm
- New command line syntax
- New ability to downscale extra large images with size more than 1000 Megapixels and file size more than 4 Gigabyte and convert them to JPEG
- Many other improvements in image processing graphics core.
Version 7.3 (4 May, 2007)
- A lot of changes and improvements.
Version 5.3 (13 Oct, 2004)
- Added sample BATCH-files
- Improved support of WinFAX file format
- Added -acil feature for loading only 100% valid image files
- Added -keepiptc feature for transferring IPTC fields from source image file to destination image file.
Version 5.2 ( 25 Mar, 2004)
- Now the program can read the following file types: CALS Raster types 1 and 2 (*.cal, *.cals), Group3 Fax File (*.g3), Group4 Fax File (*.g4), WinFax Files (*.fxm, *.fxr, *.fxs, *.fxd), SFF Structure Fax Format (*.sff).
- Reading of the following file types is now improved: Tag Image File Format (*.tif, *.tiff), Word Perfect Grasphic Format (*.wpg), Windows Metafiles (*.wmf, *.emf), Macintosh PICT Format (*.pct, *.pict), MS Picture It and MS PhotoDraw Images (*.mix), Adobe Portable Document Format (*.pdf), DICOM Medical Image Format (*.dcm, *.dic, *.acr)
- Reading from 16 bit TGA files containing transparency is now added.
- Transparency in 16 bit files was ignored in previous versions.
- Added new command -sizetom(l;t;r;b) to adds margins of the specified size to all the images
- Added new fields for -namegen key: [sc_year],[sc_month], [sc_mday], [sc_wday], [sc_hour], [sc_minute], [sc_second]
- New feature: now you can use "-namegen" macros not only to specify the name of the output file, but to configure relative path to this file as well. For example,
when dividing multipage files into separate frames you can put the frames of every multipage file into a separate folder. The name of the folder will correspond to the name of the file:
2jpeg.exe s="C:\In\*.*" d="C:\out" -sep -namegen="[name]\[pagenum].[ext]"
- Conversion rate is now increased due to the fact that modules (*.dll files) are now loaded faster when launching (REBASE) program.
- New feature: palette from (*.pal or *.act files) can now be applied to images:
- -palfile0= -- adaptive image to selected palette without dithering
- -palfile1= -- adaptive image to selected palette with dithering
- New key: -exclude. Excludes files from conversion list. The right part of the file name is now used for comparison. It may be full file name, a part of the name or the extension. You can specify several items to exclude. Items separator is semicolon.
- New stretching algorithm is added:
- -sm0 -- color-on-color (existed)
- -sm1 -- bilinear (existed)
- -sm2 -- bilinear exact (added) - classical bilinear interpolation algorithm
- Bug which occurred when executing -collage and -srclst= commands. Fixed.
- -max command wouldn't work. Fixed.
- 2JPEG wouldn't save file extension when saving to 32-bit JPEG. Fixed.
Version 5.0 ( 27 Aug, 2003 )
- New version of the program core
- Color effects (blur, sharpen, etc) are working faster due to optimizing them for MMX
- New TIFF module. 2JPEG is able to read 99% of all tiff files available.
- Added reading support of the following formats:
- PhotoDraw image (*.mix)
- Microsoft Picture-It! image (*.mix)
- Adobe PDF (*.pdf)
- -txtlabel option has been added for overlaying a text label on an image.
Version 4.3 (16 Jan, 2003)
- Added reading support of the following formats:
- TIFF files with OJPEG and Lossless JPEG compression, including files created with "Wang" codec;
- 12 bit grayscale TIFF files;
- JPEG files with Lossless compression;
- Microsoft Paint Images (*.MSP);
- Macintosh Paint Images (*.MAC);
- 128 bit RLA files;
- VICAR Video Image Communication and Retrieval;
- XWD X Windows system window dump;
- KOALA Paint;
- Palm Pilot Image File
- Improved algorithm of reading corrupted JPEG files
- Fixed error in watermark (label) algorithm
- Fixed error with option -ov
- Fixed error distorting EXIF data in TIFF and JPEG files
- Fixed error occuring at attempt to load file without an extension
- Fixed error with reading files in Amiga Interchange File (*.IFF) format
- Added options:
- -quiet - this option turns off displaying of command promt window
- -sizeto - this option allows to make canvas larger.
- -lossless - creates JPEG files with "lossless" compression. This kind of JPEG-compression allows to compress files without any losses in image quality. File compressed with this compression will be several times smaller then uncompressed (for example BMP), but several times larger then compressed with JPEG compression.
- -keepexif - Moves EXIF data from original file to new file. Dy default EXIF blocks are not saved. (only 2jpeg and 2tiff)
- Changed options:
- counter parameter in -namegen option has changed
- Now there are available three ways to count files:
- [counter] - simple counter, just inserts file number in current session (-namegen=[counter].jpg => 3.jpg - all examples are for the third file converted)
- [counterX] - X here must be replaced with number of digits in counter; if file number is shorter then specified number of digits, it will have leading zeros before it (-namegen=[counter4].jpg => 0003.jpg)
- [counterX;Y] - works the same as previous one, Y is number to start count from (-namegen=[counter4;25].jpg => 0028.jpg)
- Deleted options:
- -remexif option is no longer available. Now by default EXIF blocks are not saved.
Version 4.2 (23 Sep, 2002)
- Some combinations of "-collage" option parameters caused garbage (artifacts) on the collage image. Fixed.
- When stretching one can either specify output image width and height, or specify only one dimention and use "-prop" option. There was a bug in the calculation algorithm of the other proportional dimention in version 4.1 of batch converters. It is fixed now.
- Fixed bug causing the specified dimention change (for instance the output image width was was 99 instead of 100).
- Fixed error occuring when very big files (16800 x 28200 pixels) were converted, i.e. when system memory lacked.
- Added support of JBIG, OS/2 bitmap array, Alias/Wavefront PIX and Wavefront RLA formats.
- The name of a collage may be specified by "-namegen=" key. If no specific name is entered the file will be named "collage".
- Optimized function of right angle (90, 180, 270, 360 degrees) rotation.
- Fixed algorithm of automatic color depth detection of the output file.
- Some files of Windows Bitmap old format could not be read. Fixed.
- Added conversion of icons (*.ICO) as multi-page files. (Previous versions converted icons as one-page files).
- Improved support of PNG files, starting from this version we support PNG file with gamma correction field.
- Added two new graphic filters: Gaussian Blur and Unsharpen Mask.
- Fixed error of converting images without EXIF block in JPEG format. Due to this error some converted files failed to open in Photoshop and Windows XP previewer.
- Added options:
- -prior<val> - An option to give priority to .exe-file. This is important for servers not to let batch converter suppress all other applications.
- -binarize<val> - option to convert low-contrast and scanned images to black-and-white mode.
- -binarize1 increases contrast of the image with the optimum value of contrast function parameter being fitted
- -binarize2 works like "-binarize1" + binarization of the image with the optimum value of monochromatization threshold being fitted.
- -namegen= - option to control naming of output files
- -label(<path>;<location>;X;Y;<blending_mode>;<alpha>) - This option allows to add label (watermark) to image and specify it's transparency and location on converted image.
- -max - Use this option to set the maximum size of the converted file.
- Using % and & characters in BAT file caused some problems. That is why the following options were changed in this version:
- -prop&fill is replaced with -propfill
- -w% is replaced with -wp
- -h% is replaced with -hp
- -crop% is replaced with -cropp
- -cropm% is replaced with -cropmp
- -unite:file_name option is replaced with -unite. The name of a multipaged file must be specified with -namegen= option.
- Deleted options:
- -storeext option is no more available. Use the [srcext] parameter of -namegen= option to keep the original extension of the file(s).
- -df option is no more available. Use -namegen= option to specify the file name.
- -filter option is no more available. Filters are applied now through -coleff key.
Version 4.1 (15 May, 2002)
- added deffered loading of engine modules to make program load faster;
- fixed error in command line parser;
- fixed error in "-coleff(4;R;G;B)" option (in previous version R and B channels were mixed up);
- fixed error causing program to crash at reading corrupted in PNG files;
- added support of JPEG 2000 format;
- critical code sections are rewritten on MMX to increase productivity;
- fixed bug with option "-sep(n;m)";
- fixed errors with reading of DXF files;
- updated help file;
- added "smart" autodetection of optimal color depth for output file (works if "-cd" option is not used).
Example of working while converting to JPG file format:
JPG file format supports the following color spaces: grayscale (8 bpp), truecolor (24 bpp, 32 bpp).
- color image with any color depth up to 24 bpp (for instance 8 bit GIF file or 24-bit bitmap) will be converted to 24 bit color JPG file
- color image with color depth more then 24 bit per pixel will be converted to 32-bit color JPG;
- grayscale or black and white image regardless of its color depth will be converted to 8 bit grayscale JPG;
- This feature allows to automaticaly get images with optimal ratio of size/color or size/quality;
- added writing support of progressive JPG;
- added support of EXIF data block in JPG file. This data block is added to image file by digital photo camera. Now 2JPEG allows you to keep this data at JPG to JPG conversion.
- Added the following options:
- -progressive - Saves to progressive JPG file format.
- -remexif - By default EXIF data is copied to the output file. Use this option NOT to copy EXIF data.
- -j2k - Saves to JPEG 2000 file format.
- -storeext - If this option is used converted files will have the same file extension as source files.
- -imginfo - If this option is used information about each loaded file - file format, file length (bytes), image width and height (pixels), color depth (bpp), image resolution (dpi) and number of pages - will be displayed in DOS window and recorded in log file.
- -remsrc - Deletes source files.
- -propfill - This variation of option -prop stretches images proportionally and fills empty spaces with color specified by -bc option.
- srclst= - This option allows you to create a list of paths and masks for files you want to convert. You may use it instead of s= option, or together with it. List file may have any name or extention, but must be in text format. Example of list file:
Version 4.0 (8 Feb, 2002)
- black and white and palette files are loading several times faster;
- added full support of transparency in raster files:
- "transparent" color in GIF, ICO, ANY, CUR, XPM
- "alpha-channel" in TIFF, PNG, MNG, JNG, TGA, URLE, PSP;
- added support for the following formats: DXF (2D only), PSP (raster only), PICT, JNG, MNG, URLE (UTAH RLE format), OTB (Nokia Logo Bitmap), FPX (FlashPix), CUT (Dr. Halo);
- added support for image files in TIFF format with ZIP and Old-JPEG compression (except Old-JPEG-files created by Wang coder);
- added ability to convert to 4-, 48- and 64-bit TIFF format;
- added ability to make one or several colors transparent. Keep in mind that not all formats support transparency:
- BMP, JPEG and WBMP can not contain any transparent areas,
- GIF can contain transparent areas at any color depth,
- PNG can contain transparent areas at any color depth except 1 BPP,
- TIFF can contain transparent areas only at 32 and 64 BPP color depth;
- added ability to delete transparency from image. Transparent areas will be filled with background color granting transparency (alpha-channel) degree (if any);
- added new option "-remsrc". It deletes all source files;
- processing of PCD files is optimized. Now image from file is loaded in resolution closest to size of output image;
- a revised help file;
- added two new options for sorting input files in alphabetical order from A to Z and from Z to A. Sorting is applied in each folder. Options "-sortlstAZ" and "-sortlstZA";
- added a new option "-acropm(R,G,B,A)", "-acroph", "-acrop" -- automatic cropping of margins in specified color. Example:
2jpeg.exe s="C:\In\*.*" d="C:\out" -acropm(255,0,0,255)
- The program automatically will find on image a rectangle containing pixels with color different from color specified in "-acrop" option. After this it will crop the margins.
Version 2.7 (30 November, 2000)
- added help file;
- totally redesigned high quality stretch algorithm (interpolate method);
- fixed bug disallowing destination folder path end with slash (now you can set destination folder path both as d="C:\Converted Files\" or d="C:\Converted Files");
- new version of JPEG files reading module.